There are essential ingredients you should find in your diet and skin care for total body health and complete beauty, including Omega Fatty Acids. They are important for all the systems of the body to function normally including the skin, respiratory, circulatory, brain and organs. They are some of the most important raw materials for your beauty, since they are essential for creating and restoring healthy skin cells, hair, nails and even collagen. They also carry out instructions from your DNA to product beautifying hormones and enzymes.
Omega’s like alpha-linolenic acid, linolenic acid and DHA are included in the diet and skincare of any Kayo babe. Check out our list of top food sources:
Better Body Omega 3 Essential Acids (Linolenic Acid)
• Cold water high fat fish, esp. wild salmon, sardines, anchovies, mackerel, shad, herring and trout
• Flaxseed oil (flaxseed oil has the highest linolenic content of any food), flaxseeds, hemp seeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds
• Certain dark green leafy vegetables, including kale, spinach, purslane, collards
Better Body Omega-6 Essential Fatty Acids (Linoleic Acid)
• Flaxseed oil, flaxseeds, hempseed oil, hemp seed, pumpkin seeds, raw sunflower seeds, pistachio nuts, Pignolia (pine) nuts
• Borage oil
Better Body Omega-9 Essential Fatty Acids (Oleic Acid)
• Olive Oil, olives
• Macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, cashews, pecans, almonds, pistachio nuts
Feed your skin with skincare as high quality as the foods you eat daily. Kayo made sure to create a superior omega blend included in many of our products for complete skin nutrition. Omega’s found in skin care act similar to when you consume them acting as a strong anti-inflammatory, strengthening the cell membrane and skin barrier, and aiding in healthy oil production for hydrated skin with fewer blackheads.
Bee-utiful Breakfast Smoothie
Kayo babes add Bee Pollen to their smoothies daily or take a scoop of coconut oil and bee pollen for a mid-day energy boosting snacks. These tiny pollen granules include omegas, for the production of new skin cells. They are also a superfood, packed with nutrients that support your overall beauty and energy. Try our Bee-utiful Smoothie Recipe.
1 cup water or milk replacement (hemp, almond, coconut)
1 cut fresh or frozen organic blueberries
1/2 fresh or frozen banana
1 tablespoon macadamia butter
1 handful of organic spinach
1 tablespoon coconut oil
a dash of cinnamon
*1 tablespoon bee pollen (you can either blend with ingredients or top the smoothie with pollen after blending)
*1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds can be added to smoothie after blending
1. Throw all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds until smooth. Top with bee pollen and cocoa nibs!